1/11/13

Wednesday Morning

Tuesday night I drank plenty but still a woke a number of times from anxiety about the morning mammogram.
I read 10 or so pages from a Jean Harlow biography then got back to bed over & over.
At 7 I got up and had one glass of weak tea and got ready.
I read that you cant wear jewlry deoderant or perfume. I wore a loose blouse and no brazier so I wont delay the process. 
I got more and more nervous anticipating and speculating so I drank a can of Hibernater beerandtookmy migraine pill because I read this test is like slaming your breast in a refrigerater door.Which is not true btw.
One more Hibernater and my nerves where composed.
Ex hubby came and we went together.I barley said a word to ex hubby.
We got to the fan. I thouht there will be a big line of women waiting for free mammograms but there was not.
Climbing the bus stairs the bus had seats and there where 2 staffers who where extremly smiley & friendly.
I was surprised. I thought the staff will be dour and grim & serious.
I sat to fill forms for the pleasant male secretary. 
There was also a form for requests e.g requests for a free wig.
As soon as I was done a young pretty smiling lady says it was all ready. I pulled off my coat and followed her.
She told me to undress waist up and in the dressing room was a paper vest to wear.
Since she asked me to remove one side I asked her if I could just wear the vest as a cape and I put it that way till it fell and I gathered it and forgot about it.
It was no longer then 10 minutes for 2 pix of each breast and I was done. This is a new machine and saves time & pain. I felt no dis comfort at all.
She showed me one of the pix and explained my mamaries where very dense and that she did not see a problem.
She the technition said I should call the hospital and schedule an ultrasound but the guy out side said no just wait for a phone call within 48 hours.
I called any way once I got home and they said No wait for a call.
The remainder of that night I let myself forget and spent the evening happily and a little drunk.
Im very supersticious. I feel like even thinking or doing some thing wrong will affect my test in  negative way.
I know it doesnt make sense to be like this but that is what fear can do.
Im still waiting for a call. Im sure I need the ultra sound. Throuh this program even the ultra sound is free.
Im waiting still nervous.
I slept so much the past 2 days. Im not one for naps but some how could barely stay a wake  and my naps have been over an hour long. I guess stress and worry are knocking me out.
Hoping for all good things for all of us.

6 comments:

karl said...

Hope all is well Bev XX

bugerlugs63 said...

Hi Bev, well done for going and getting the mammogram, they don't hurt at all do they? I had one years ago in France.
I know if the breast tissue is dense they usually follow up with an ultra sound scan, but I'm pretty sure that will show that all is well too. And as you know, that is painless too. and if it's free that's an added bonus!
I can't wait for this to be over for you so you can relax in the knowledge that all is well.
I need to listen to my own advice . . . I've been getting letters for 12 years now to go for a smear test . . . and have I been?? NO! errrrr.
I know, it's silly not to go but something in me says NO.
Sending you love and wishes for a great day today x x x

Old Mother Crack Pot said...

Oh hello dear. I have never been drunk enough to slam my mammaries in the fridge door, but I did once get my left breast pecked by our horrible parrot, so I can fully sympathize with what you went through.

Old Mother Crack Pot said...

Oh and then there was the time I sat on our vicious tabby cat. So I would immagine that would be like having a scan on my ass...

Bev said...

Thank You Karl for visiting me,I appreciate that very much Xox.

Thank you Bugerluvs.Some thing inside me says No to. Im afraid of tests and doctorsXox.

Mother Crack Pot.You gotta be care full with yourself.You are always getting in trouble with your pets.Keep your pants up and slow downXox.

Gledwood said...

Yeah Mother Crackpot you should get in the habit of reading MORE CAREFULLY. She NEVER SAID she slammed her "mammaries" in the fridge door while drunk. And how you can possibly compare sitting on your "vicious tabby" to having a scan, I have absolutely no idea. Your animals all need psychiatrists. Plus extra-tough obedience training. Not to mention toilet training!

Best Blogger Tips