8/24/12

Fervently Friday

I have no favorite saint.I dont think its right to choose only one.
But I have prayed for nearly a decade to Saint Elizabeth who I think is the patron saint of those who are falsely accused.
If Im mistaking the patron saint of the unjustly acused.Then some one up there likes me :)
I love the words of Saint Francis of Assisi whose fond of nature and animals. A man with his words must have a very gentle heart.
In Italian language the word bird (uccello) and the word for sky (cielo) sound very similar.
Youchehloh thats bird and cheloh is sky. When I was in foster care with my Italian parents I dwelled to much may be the relationship between the two words. I had been with them ages 4-9 until my parents got custody again.I mentioned before that I enjoyed the Italian language that its very simple with definite spelling rules.English is confusing with the looseness of its spelling.Like weiht and wait and and sigh and sign.No H in sign.

Please enjoy this enchanting peace of St Francis writing~

Praised be You my Lord with all Your creatures,
especially Sir Brother Sun,
Who is the day through whom You give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendour,
Of You Most High, he bears the likeness.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars,
In the heavens you have made them bright, precious and fair.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,
And fair and stormy, all weather's moods,
by which You cherish all that You have made.

Praised be You my Lord through Sister Water,
So useful, humble, precious and pure.

Praised be You my Lord through Brother Fire,
through whom You light the night and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong.

Peace be with you this Friday and always.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

I seemed to spend half my childhood being falsely accused... Or, to put it another way, I was accused wrongly on several occasions over the years... I remember a prefect at school telling me I "looked guilty" (of what?.. No idea then; certainly no idea now!)

I thought you were talking about Saint Elizabeth Taylor to start off with..! I'm not a Roman Catholic, so I don't know about this saintly stuff...

Where is Marilyn Monroe..?

Gledwood said...

O there she is! And doesn't she look fresh as a nectarine!

bugerlugs63 said...

What a beautiful piece of writing. I'd never seen that before Bev, thanks.
The Italian language is my favourite, The words are lovely and it's spoken with such rhythm. Did the Italian couple live very differently from your family . . . As in, did they still live as Italians, food, language etc .
That must have been strange for you, and then to go back again to your parents. You must have a lot of stories Bev . . .
Thanks for all your kind words, with love x

Bev said...

Gledwood it is the worse thing to be misunderstood or be judged as guilty.And you being judged as looking guilty is awful.
Saint Elizabeth Taylor,LOL she can be saint for girls who want husbands.I bet she grants them several!Xoxoxo

Bugerlugs foster parents they really lived nice with fresh eggs fresh chickens and they insisted teaching me there language and Im glad they did.They where happy ppl and there culture did stick while I was with them.My first words were eyes nose mouth and I had very conflicting feelings.I still loved my real parents but loved the comfort and warmth of my foster parents.They never layed a bad hand on me niether.I was terrified and very sad to return home.My mom was pretty jelous knowing I had a wonderful relationship with my foster parents.It resulted in a very rocky childhood.I cried so much in bed thinking of my foster parents and the life I missed so much.XoXOoxoxo

Best Blogger Tips