11/18/12

A Place with Dirty Ash Trays and Crusty Dishes

I was working for this dining place.It was owned and run by 2 elderly ladies.
One of the elderly ladies croshayed shawls and halters and blouses.She also knit cute dolls and puppets.
I remember feeling bad but I stold two hand made shirts costing 50 together.I figured I can pay her when I have money.
These hand made items where for sale all over the restarant.But  in the back of the restarant she had small plastic furniture for children and those same knitted dolls and puppets to play with.
I volunteered therenot knowing what the place was really for.
I never saw peopl eat there just hang a round. Even thouh you cant smoke in public places .She had ash trays and popouri and sachets all over to disguise the smoking.
The other lady was Greek and proud of her hertage and she had some Greek stuff scattered a round the place.
It was not clear to me what I was voluntering there for.Some times I ansered the phone and the Greek lady scolded me and told me not to.She said I can use the public phone and for free.
Finally when it was more busy I saw that lots of older guys hung out there and talked but it did not seem that they served any alcohol.
I notice a young guy working there and his gf. He did not do much.He sat a lot.
Then he would pick up a plate or bowl here and there and dump some of the ash trays in the garbage and sit again.
Seeing all the over flowing ash trays I started to empty them and I saw they had a sink but no dish soap. So I washed the ash trays with cold water.Thye had no hot water. And I placed them back clean & shiney and then I brought the crusty dishes and bowls to the hired guy and he said he just washed them.
I got upset and I took every dirty dish to the sink and began washing when he came over and said that he will do it .He will re wash them.
His girlfriend was giving him an argument because she wanted him to take her out and he said he had to do his work.
I started feeling sorry for the owners because it seemed like this busness was really there life not a sourse of income.
I got more busier trying to clean the place.I saw cigarettes on the floor by the sink and by nearly every table and picked them up.This just went on and on.And the hired guy was geting more crabby by all the cleaning that need to get done.
Then I find out the lady who knits the dolls is not hppy with my cleaning. I took ash trays out of the childrens play area and she wanted them put back.She said the parent some times sit down and watch the children and they need the ash trays.
Also the Greek lady knew a guy at the radio station and where hiring a band and would be broadcast on the radio and they would get lots of busness for that event.
Then I woke up because it was geting very weird to me.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

Dirty Ash Trays and Crusty Dishes? Sounds like my place. Except at my worst I don't even use the ashtrays. Tap it straight on the floor.

How vulgar of me!

Bev said...

LOL. I must of been dreaming I was at your place;-)XoX

Best Blogger Tips