11/2/12

Friday Focus on The Bible

I wanted to try some thing a little different.
For today I looked up passages from The Bible that corresponse to this day.
I chose The Gospel According to Matthew
Mathew 11:2 And when John heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples
                  3 and said to Him, "Are you coming One,or do we look for another?"
                  4 Jesus answered  and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see:
                  5 "The blind receive their sight and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
                  6 "And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me."
                  7 As they departed, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John:"What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?

Now Im going to think about how this is relevant today still keeping in mind that The Bible is very difficult to read and understand and that my interpretation may be way off.
The first thing that comes to my mind is that John is in jail and hes thinking  about Jesus and the miracles He is performing.
And that Jesus does not want John in jail pondering the miracles on his own and instead He sends His disciples to further explain to John whats going on. This makes me think Jesus wants to reasure John.
And that because John is in a sad and lonely place Jesus is sending to him words of endless hope and encouragement.
John of course was one of Jesus disciples.
Jesus stopped the people from stoning Mary Magdalene. Jesus appeared after rising from the dead to her.
Jesus was crucified with a thief and because the theif showed belief in Jesus. Jesus promised  Dismas that he will be recieved in Heaven.
So this applies to me because I am a sinner and its possible that God will accept me in Heaven to. And that God does not judge the person for there crimes but judges by the whole entire spirit. 
Gods eyes are divine and only He can see our spirit with complete fairness. And God has the power to heal anything He believes should be healed.
It makes me believe that only He knows when a soul is at his worst and needs His help the most. 
His knowledge is all knowing and ours is faulty and simple. 
And he is merciful.
Peace be with you this Friday and always.

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

i don't get why God allows "illness" in my head that does nothing but separate me from God even more

the only time I feel closer to God is when I've been full of Power and Glory

but most of the time I'm just full of shit!

Gledwood said...

also a lot of mentally ill people are tormented or even possessed by demons ~~ and why does God allow that? for a person to completely lose their mind? what does that achieve? and why is it allowed to happen?

i must say being mentally ill is way better than physical illness. i cannot think of a physical disease that makes a person feel INCREDIBLE. but bipolar mania makes me feel INCREDIBLE and it's supposed to be an illness. but I think it has separated me from God. I can't say exactly how and I certainly do not know WHY but it definitely has done. and God and I were not exactly what you'd call "close" to begin with......
.........
.......
.........
........
./........
.........
///////

know what I mean...?

Bev said...

Oh Gledwood you leave such adorable comments.
I dont understand how God works except it sure is mysterious.XoXo

Best Blogger Tips