11/22/12

Some Bodys Getting Drunk Tonight

Thanksgiving went to ruins.
It went to ruins at my ex hubbies kitchen.
He had the turkey and a list of things to cook for us and for some of his friends.
I was up since 5am.I used 5 tea bags and got the most caffeine out of them.
I began to cook the stuffing at 11 am.
To me the stuffings the most important.
Hubby and friends went to the park for hours cause it was a beautiful mild day.
I am venting,
I am angry.
Ex hubby left me to cook the turkey.The stuffing.The apple pie.The mashed poatos.The Creme brulee.
I wont and cant go in the details.
But alls left is the turkey.
Mash potatos gone.Creme Brulee gone.Stuffing gone.
Thanks be the turkey was okay.I remembered a little box of frozen peas and that is what we 5 of us shared.
Could have been better.Could have been worse.
But Im angry at my ex hubby for giving me a lenthy list of to-cooks and enjoying his day with buddies at the park with me frantic in a kitchen I wanted to be perfect.
I told him If theres one rambuctious drunk disturbing my sleep.Its going to be ME. Not you! Me!
Cause he enjoyed a day at the park while I rattled a round struggling with his lists of menu.
Im so sad. Im also angry.
It could be worse I know.
But why did it have to happen on a day of giving thanks?
So now Im just thankful Im here and semi rational but hysericly sad and disappointed.
Ill explain a nother day. 
God please give mercy this angry unappreciative spirit that I am tonight.
 I do not deserve your mercy still I ask.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

I've only done one thanksgiving. In London. When I was having an affair with an American! I don't remember how much I drank as I never got into alcohol until I was already addicted to heroin... also I've only done xmas "properly" about 2 or 3 times in my entire life. The best ever time was when my girlfriend's auntie did the dinner and got hilariously drunk. It was such a good day... ;-)

Bev said...

I know its an American tradition.
When your auntie did the traditional Christmas it must have been a grand time.Especially a little drunk

;-)

Best Blogger Tips